Central Queensland Rail Adventure View Basket
To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
Let train travel inspire your imagination
LONGREACH | EMERALD | CARNARVON GORGE | ROCKHAMPTON | BUNDABERG | MARYBOROUGH | GYMPIE | 11- 23 SEPTEMBER 2021
"The trains in any country contain the essential paraphernalia of the culture …"
Paul Theroux – The Great Railway Bazaar
Join railway expert and celebrated tour leader, Robert Kingsford-Smith, on a journey through the centre and along the coast of the vast State of Queensland. Witness the dramatic changing landscape, off-the-beaten-track towns, and unique, character-filled excursions.
This unforgettable journey begins with an iconic overnight train journey on the Spirit of the Outback, right across the region to Longreach, stopping at all the major sights along the way. This is where some of the great variety of hidden treasures are revealed: from the sparkling Gemfields of Emerald to the spectacular Carnarvon Gorge, the brilliant museums of the Qantas Founders, and Bundaberg Rum, the Barcaldine Labour Party foundation and Bert Hinkler’s home (to name a few).
And not forgetting the ever-changing scenery of the outback, the coast, and the gorgeous hinterland. Along the way enjoy a variety of trains: modern, vintage, sleepers, and expresses, with the finale on the newly reopened steam railway up the Mary Valley – definitely a highlight!
Witness the vibrant centre of Queensland on this Railway Adventure that proves Central Queensland is indeed as rich with stories, scenery and characters as anywhere else in our wide brown (and green) land.
- Journey on the iconic Spirit of the Outback train from Brisbane to Longreach
- Visit the QANTAS Founders Museum and Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame in Longreach
- Explore the towns of Barcaldine and Emerald, visiting museums, gardens, and homesteads
- Stay at the astounding Carnarvon Gorge National Park and explore its surrounds
- Ride the Tilt Train from Rockhampton to Bundaberg
- View the Hinkler Hall of Aviation, and the Rum Distillery in Bundaberg
- Visit Old’s Engineering in Maryborough and ride the Mary Ann locomotive
- Ride the iconic and scenic Mary Valley Rattler steam train in Gympie
- Relax with most meals included and the services of your tour leader and expert guides throughout
About Railway Adventures
The joy of travel is not confined to the destination. How you travel is a large and rich part of the experience. Railway Adventures offers a truly unique perspective on some of the world’s most spectacular holiday destinations, with the confidence that the journey will be just as magical and memorable as what you find at the end of the line.
- Unique itineraries — each itinerary has been meticulously developed by a team of expert travellers with many years’ experience, an intimate knowledge of the destination, and with great cultural awareness. You are guaranteed to experience the best that each destination has to offer.
- Authentic local experiences — whether it’s a little-known yet impressive steam railway, a small boutique hotel or an authentic restaurant, you can be sure of experiencing something special on these tours.
- Expert local guides and operators — Railway Adventures employs local guides to share their passion and knowledge of the places they call home, while partners on the ground provide the best possible support and backup all the way.
- Small group sizes — a small number of guests per trip guarantees an intimate experience with less time spent queuing, more time with your guide, and better access to sightseeing destinations.
- Fully escorted – tour leaders are experienced and capable, entertaining and considerate, and together with local guides have your needs well covered. They help with everything along the way, providing peace of mind, and enabling you to relax and enjoy the journey. And you’ll find them jolly good company, to boot!
- Customer satisfaction — Railway Adventures' testimonials speak for themselves. Customer satisfaction ratings show that over 97% would recommend Railway Adventures to others.
ON THE RAILS
Variety is the spice of life on the rails and that is what you’ll get in spades with Railway Adventures. Character-filled, zig-zagging railways of Sri Lanka, opulent hotels on wheels in India and South Africa, steam heritage trains in some of the most staggeringly beautiful parts of the world, dinky little carriages in outback Queensland, bullet trains in Japan— if it travels on a rail track, Railway Adventures is there!
OFF THE RAILS
It’s not just the trains, boats and planes; it’s the warm, comfortable beds at night, the culinary delights, the immersion in a new culture and the people you meet that makes travelling so enjoyable. Railway Adventures strives to create the most intriguing and memorable itineraries, with hand-picked hotels, restaurants, local guides and cultural experiences to make sure you experience the best possible rail journey in a safe, comfortable and pleasurable way.
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.
- Australia Adventure
- Australia for Seniors
- Australia luxury
- Australia Outback
- Australia Premium
- Australia Rail | Train Journeys
- Australia Rail Journeys
- Food, Wine & Culture
- Mature Travellers Over 50s
- Queensland Group Tours
- Rail | Train Journeys
- SPECIAL INTEREST