Amazon Riverboat Adventure, Brazil View Basket
To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
A boutique voyage into the flooded forest on M/S Dorinha
14-day Amazon Riverboat Adventure on board M/S Dorinha commences in Manaus | 22 March 2025 to 4 April 2025
Discover the world’s largest river, one of the last great wilderness areas, on this Amazon Riverboat Adventure with Adventure Associates.
Imagine a forest kingdom nearly the size of Australia, interlaced with creeks, streams, lagoons and rivers that flow into one main artery, carrying fresh water from the Peruvian Andes to the Atlantic Ocean. The Amazon is home to some of the world’s most exotic plants, birds, fish and animals and sits very close to the equator.
There’s no better way to explore the essence of the Amazon River than being on board the cosy expedition riverboat, M/S Dorinha.
Discover hidden treasures within the rainforest’s ‘green walls’ with the captain and his naturalist team. A flexible schedule makes the most effective use of the river conditions and cooler times of day. After dark, spotlighting from the canoes reveals caimans, potoos (a bird related to the nightjar) and other nocturnal creatures. You’ll find new delights and challenges at every turn on this journey through extensive rainforest.
Come float under the canopy of some of the world’s tallest trees, take a hike deep into the mysterious rainforest, or just enjoy lying in your hammock watching amazing scenery drift by!
Prepare to be overwhelmed as you follow the Amazon River through one of the planet’s last great tropical jungles. Pink dolphins rise to greet a golden dawn, a rainbow flash of macaws screech overhead and sleepy children in dugout canoes emerge from the emerald forest; their curiosity masked by dark eyes and shy smiles. The unearthly roar of howler monkeys shatter a lively dawn chorus and the day truly begins. This voyage offers an expedition experience like no other as we follow this water highway and lifeline, visiting the river people in villages and bustling port towns along the way.
- Local transfers from/to Airport Manaus
- 1 night in a 4 star Hotel in Manaus incl. breakfast
- 1/2 day Manaus city tour including a visit of the “Teatro Amazonico” Opera House
- Program as described in the itinerary
- All meals during the voyage (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Unlimited water, tea & coffee during the voyage
- Harbour docking fees, fuel and crewing
- All canoe excursions during the voyage
- All entrance fees
- Gratuities for ships crew
- On board naturalist during the voyage
What's not Included
- International airfares and taxes
- Other meals or sightseeing not specified in the itinerary
- Personal travel insurance
- Medical expenses, vaccinations, visa costs etc.
- Personal tips/gratuities
- Personal expenses
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.
- Active: Walk, Cycle, Sports
- Central & South America Adventure
- Expedition Cruise
- Latin America Adventure
- Latin America Cruise
- Latin America Cruises
- Latin America Group Tours
- Mature Travellers Over 50s
- Mind Body & Soul
- River Cruise
- Small Ship Cruises
- South & Central America
- South America
- South American River Cruise
- SPECIAL INTEREST