Cultural Treasures of Japan View Basket
To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
This brochure is no longer available on this website.
Discover the cultural and culinary treasures of Japan on an expertly designed Collette experience
TOKYO - ASAKUSA AND GINZA - TEA CEREMONY - HAKONE - LAKE ASHI CRUISE | 13 Days
Immerse yourself in the ancient and modern cultures of Japan. Experience the electrifying city of Tokyo with views from Tokyo Tower. Learn the art of the tea ceremony, and stand before the famous Senso-ji Buddhist temple. Tour Matsumoto Castle, known as the “Crow Castle” for its black exterior. Taste legendary Hida beef and sip sake at a local brewery. Delve into Kyoto, the marvellous cultural capital of Japan. Absorb the beauty of the Golden Pavilion and the majesty of Nijo Castle. Board the Shinkansen “bullet” train to travel to Hiroshima to visit Shrine Island and the Peace Memorial Museum. Japan slowly draws you into its eclectic culture and charm, revealing incredible moments every step of the way.
Discover the cultural and culinary treasures of Japan on an expertly designed Collette experience. Explore the the famous Yanaka Ginza district, the hot springs of Hakone on the shores of Lake Ash, the famous Shinkansen bullet train, magnificent views of Mt. Fuji and multiple UNESCO sites. Take your guided travel experience to another level with Collette's leisureley, inclusive tour that delivers more value and more of what makes travel special.
- Explore the famous Ginza district, the first Western-style shopping district in Japan where modern and history blend.
- Try your hand at the centuries-old art of the Japanese tea ceremony, gold leaf decorating and stenciling.
- Travel by the famous Shinkansen bullet train.
- Take in magnificent views of Mt. Fuji from the Hakone Ropeway.
- Visit multiple UNESCO sites including Shirakawa-go, Nijo Castle, Itsukushima Shinto Shrine and Hiroshima Peace Memorial.
- Enjoy Hida beef dinner and sake tasting at a local sake brewery.
- Experience a traditional kaiseki dinner with Geisha show in Kyoto.
- Participate in a sushi-making class given by a professional sushi chef.
- Expertly crafted itineraries
- 4-star+ accommodation
- Skilled and engaging tour managers
- Expert local guides with insider knowledge
- Attraction entrance fees with preferential access
- Many meals full of local flavour
- Unparalleled sightseeing
- Enriching cultural experiences
- Comfortable on-tour transportation
- Hotel-to-hotel baggage handling
- Plus, access to Wi-Fi hotspots on tour
Unpack Less, Enjoy More – Perfected Tour Pacing
Most of Collette's tours feature zero one-night hotel stays. It means you’ll spend the right amount of time in each destination and less time packing and unpacking.
Guaranteed To Go – Book With Confidence
Choose from many guaranteed departure dates. Reserve with complete confidence as these selected departures are guaranteed to operate.
Travel Protection – Peace Of Mind
Collette's industry-leading, worry-free travel protection plan offers you a full refund unlike many plans that only offer a voucher. Cancel for any reason right up to the day prior to departure.
Private Chauffeur Service Included – Personal Touches
Leave the hassle of getting to the airport behind. Enjoy round-trip home to airport chauffeur service with the purchase of air. It’s the perfect way to begin (and end) your journey.
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.