Everest Base Camp with Dr Andrew Peacock View Basket
To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
Everest Base Camp & the Khumbu Icefall | 19 Days
April 2022 | Trek to Everest Base Camp with award-winning Australian adventure travel photographer Dr Andrew Peacock, and spend a night in the most famous base camp in the world
This adventure provides a rare opportunity to trek one of the most iconic trekking routes in the world and experience what it’s like to spend a night at the famous base camp of Mount Everest (8848m).
Beginning in Lukla, ascend through picturesque Sherpa villages of the Khumbu Valley, passing underneath Himalayan giants such as Ama Dablam (6812m), Pumori (7161m), and Nuptse (7861m), to the base of Mount Everest (5364m).
Spend a night and day with a partner Everest expedition. Depending on the team rotations, you may have the chance to meet some of the climbers and catch a glimpse of real expedition life. You will also have the opportunity to trek to the Khumbu icefall and view this stunning aspect of the world’s highest peak.
Back in Base Camp, visit the ‘Everest ER’ tent and learn a little about high altitude medicine.
After Base Camp, retrace your steps down-valley to Lukla and take a stunning mountain flight back to the cultural melting pot that is Kathmandu.
- Take a fully supported trek to Everest Base Camp and spend a night in the most famous base camp in the world
- Escorted by Australian adventure travel photographer and expedition doctor, Dr Andrew Peacock
- Explore the Khumbu Icefall & visit the ‘Everest ER” tent
- Experience the legendary Sherpa culture of the Khumbu valley
- Explore the vibrant city of Kathmandu
- Take a stunning mountain flight to Lukla, the gateway of the Everest region
- 19 day trip
- 14 day trek
- 4 nights hotel
- 13 nights lodge
- 1 night camping
YOUR ESCORT – DR ANDREW PEACOCK
Andrew is the medical director of Expedition and Wilderness Medicine Australia and has led numerous treks to the Khumbu region of Nepal. He worked as a doctor on voluntary assignments in the mountains of Nepal and India back in 1996, and has returned repeatedly since then to the Himalaya to climb, hike and photograph.
With his mountain, medical and outdoor adventure experience as well as photography skills Andrew is uniquely placed to lead this special journey to the base of the highest peaks in the world.
Whilst this adventure is not strictly a photographic tour, Andrew is always ready to offer advice on all questions photographic. His images have appeared in Lonely Planet books, Outside Magazine, Australian Geographic and Virtuoso Traveller, to name a few. He is a certified photographic instructor with National Geographic, working for them in polar areas and has led photographic tours to Ladakh and Mongolia.
For the past six years, Andrew has been a finalist in Australian Geographic’s Nature Photographer of the Year Exhibition and he is also a Ted’s Cameras Master Photographer.
- Escorted by well known adventure travel photographer and expedition doctor, Dr Andrew Peacock
- Domestic flights Kathmandu to Lukla & return with 20kg of checked luggage
- Expert local English-speaking trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid
- Half day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Breakfasts in Kathmandu, group welcome dinner in Kathmandu on day 1, and all meals on trek
- 4-5 star accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation on trek in eco lodges, 1 night exclusive camp at Everest Base Camp
- Sightseeing entrance fees, National Park fees, trekking & base camp permits
- Group camping equipment at base camp
- Group medical kit
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and sleeping mat for use on trek
- Trek duffle bag, yours to keep
- Porters: food, accommodation and insurance
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.