Threads & Festivals of Rajasthan, India View Basket
To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
Embrace the Energy and Romance of India
26 October - 9 November 2019 | Celebrate Diwali | Pushkar Camel Fair | Exclusive Workshops | Heritage Hotels | Delhi - Bikaner - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Narlai - Pushkar
Explore the timeless nature of life in rural Rajasthan and the energy and romance of its princely culture, brilliantly complemented by superb traditional textiles.
This unique small-group journey is designed to enrich your experience and satisfy the soul.
Heritage accommodation... so much more than a place to sleep
Many of the palaces and mansions of the former royal families have been transformed into luxury and boutique, heritage accommodation. These palaces, lodges and houses abound with elegance and atmosphere, providing peaceful respite from the bustling cities outside. They are an essential part of this journey, and will immerse you in the culture, history and heritage of India.
Your Tour Leader
Christina Sumner OAM, former principal curator at Sydney’s Powerhouse Museum, will escort the tour. Sharing her knowledge and passion for India and its ancient textile history, Christina will aid you in discovering the enduring beauty of Rajasthan and its centuries old traditions.
Small Group Journey Includes:
- Services of australian textile expert Ms Christina Sumner escorting the journey
- Services of an accompanying tour leader throughout the trip
- Flight from Delhi to Bikaner
- Flight from Jaipur to Delhi
- Accommodation for 14 nights
- 35 Meals, daily breakfast, 12 x lunches and 9 x dinners
- Private land transportation
- Mineral water in the vehicle
- Services of local English-speaking guides
- Porterage fees at the hotels/airports
- Entrance fees throughout the itinerary
- Tipping for included services and meals
- All currently applicable taxes
- Celebrate magical Diwali - the Festival of Lights
- Exclusive visits to traditional weaving and embroidery villages
- Revel in the fascinating Pushkar Camel Fair
- Experience hands-on tie-dye and block-printing workshops
- Stay in heritage havelis and boutique accommodation
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.