Malaysia - Trails of Borneo View Basket
To order this holiday brochure for FREE delivery to your home or computer, click the GET THIS FREE button.
This brochure is no longer available on this website.
Trails of Borneo - hosted by Mike Taverner
10 March-22 March 2019 | 12 days
Kuching | Borneo Highlands | Ulu Sarikei | Sibu | Mukah | Miri | Mulu
This 12-day itinerary has been carefully designed to offer you the very best of Sarawak. Active Travel has combined comfortable hotels in the cities with traditional lodges and longhouses in more remote areas to ensure an authentic experience. With a particular focus on wildlife, natural environment and unique cuisine, this program is sure to offer all travellers a well-rounded and special journey to remember. The tour has been created for those who are somewhat active and appreciate a cultural immersion into a destination.
- See some of the worlds most unique animals in their natural environment
- Stay overnight in a traditional longhouse
- Learn the fascinating history of colonial Sarawak
- Witness a cultural performance by local tribes' people
- Explore the lively waterfront area of Kuching
- Hike through rainforests and explore UNESCO world heritage sites
- Taste local delicacies
- 12 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary: 10 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- English speaking local guide.
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- All the land and boat transport as per itinerary
- Malaysia Tourism Tax.
Your tour host
Your expert tour leader, Mike Taverner, is an experienced group leader and enthusiastic walker having completed many recreational and wilderness walks. He is not a frantic 'must get there quickly' walker but one who enjoys absorbing the sights, sounds and experiences of the surrounds.
Mike leads Active Travel groups on walking adventures in West Timor, Nagaland, Peru, Japan and Ethiopia. Having hosted so many tours over the years Mike is always well informed of the local conditions and full of enthusiasm for the amazing environment and its cultural and natural history.
About Active Travel
Active Travel specialises in Independent Journeys to a diverse range of unique destinations. These private tours use private transport and guides, giving you the comfort and security of local knowledge and assistance with the flexibility and freedom to spend time exploring on your own.
Active Travel presents favourite itineraries from countries all around the world designed to inspire your travels. You can choose to book the suggested itinerary or have a trip tailor-made to your interests, destinations and budget. Your trip can depart on any day with a minimum of just two people.
Active Travel's experienced staff have expertise across all seven continents and work with you to create the most amazing holiday memories, saving you precious time while taking care of:
- Independent Tours to every destination worldwide
- Flights, Trains, Buses and Ferries
- Private Groups for friends and family
- Hosted Group Tours
- River, Ocean & Expedition Cruises
- Travel Insurance
- Car Hire & Car Leasing
- All Types of Accommodation
- Corporate Travel and conferences
- Independent Journeys
This brochure covers the regions and holiday types listed below. Click on the links to see more free travel brochures covering the regions and holiday types you are interested in.